HR (Human Resources) teams are critical for any organization to achieve success. Not only do they establish a highly talented and skilled workforce for an organization, but they also take care of all the employee-centric needs to keep everyone satisfied and engaged.
As technology continues to advance, it’s transforming the way HR departments operate, just like any other field. From automating tedious administrative tasks to improving recruitment processes and enhancing employee engagement, technology has revolutionized the HR industry.
However, recent statistics show that about 36% of human resource professionals don’t have access to proper technology. It can reduce their efficiency and increase the employee churn rate of your organization.
That’s why we have compiled this guide that contains the best ways technology can help HR teams to improve their productivity and enhance overall organizational performance.
1. Automate Administrative Processes
Automating certain administrative processes can help your organization in multiple ways, including increased efficiency, reduced errors, and cost savings. There are different types of tools available in the market that your HR teams can use to automate repetitive and time-consuming processes.
It’ll allow them to save time and spend it on more important tasks to improve their work efficiency. Here are some administrative processes that you can automate.
Payroll and Benefit
Calculating employee pay and benefits can take a whole lot of time, and there is no need to perform this hectic task manually. That’s because you can automate it using a payroll management system like Gusto and SurePayroll. Not only will it save time, but it’ll also eliminate the risk of human error.
It’ll allow you to create salary lists instantaneously by taking into account all employee benefits, such as compensations, healthcare allowances, bonuses, and promotions.
Time and Attendance Record Keeping
Managing time and attendance can be a long process for HR teams, and it should be automated using a people management solution like Calamari or AttendoPlus. It’ll help you manage complex work patterns, create staff schedules, and handle holiday, shift, and time-off requests conveniently.
Automating records management can reduce the need to sift through years of paperwork to find a certain document. Additionally, it’ll also provide you with on-call access to any information that is needed to promote better transparency, efficiency, and accountability.
There are tons of record management tools, such as Zoho Docs and LogicalDoc, that you can use for this purpose.
2. Streamline Your Interviewing/Hiring Process
Streamlining your Interviewing and hiring processes is crucial if you want to attract the best resources in the market. It’ll also bring many other benefits to the table, such as increasing the chances of hiring field experts, reducing the time and effort it takes to conduct interviews, and making unbiased, data centric-decisions.
Keep in mind that 83% of candidates lose interest in an organization if they go through a bad interviewing experience. You don’t want to be one of those organizations, and the best way to prevent it is to use a high-end interviewing platform, such as BarRaiser.
Here’s a list of tried-and-true tips that will help you improve your hiring process.
Recording job interviews is important because it allows interviewers to revisit and collaborate seamlessly. It’ll help them ensure that they don’t miss any key points or overlook any red flags discovered in the interview while making important decisions.
They’ll be able to share the recordings with other team members to get their input and feedback on the candidates. Additionally, it’ll also allow them to identify how they can improve their interviewing techniques.
Mitigate Interviewer Bias
Interviewer bias can lead to unfair and poor hiring decisions and negatively impact the candidate experience. To mitigate bias, you can use our hiring management platform, which allows you to create structured interviews based on a standardized set of questions.
You can also use an interviewing tool that provides real-time assistance to help interviewers stay on the structured guidelines, build a connection with the interviewee, and increase engagement.
It’ll ensure that all candidates go through a consistent interviewing experience and are evaluated based on the same criteria. It’s important to note that candidates who have a positive experience during the interview process are more likely to accept a job offer.
Conduct AI-Powered Interviewer Training
We live in a digital world that’s powered by AI (Artificial intelligence), and using this technology can improve your HR team’s performance greatly.
An AI-powered interviewer training tool will provide your interviewing team with real-time feedback on their techniques so that they can find areas for improvement.
It’ll help them become more efficient and ensure that they don’t use outdated, superficial ways that can ruin the candidate’s experience.
Make Data-Centric Decisions
Data can be a powerful tool for streamlining the hiring process. It can help you identify the most effective recruiting sources and evaluate the success of different recruiting strategies.
So, whether you’re a business owner or an HR leader, you should use an HR tool that provides you with detailed insights and analytics about every stage of the hiring process.
It’ll allow you to make data-driven hiring decisions and improve the overall effectiveness of your recruiting process.
3. Ensure Compliance with HR Laws
HR compliance is the process of ensuring that your organization follows the latest labor and employment regulations. It involves building policies and procedures that align with local/federal laws and enforcing them to make sure that your organization complies with them.
Keep in mind that failure to comply with these laws can result in fines, penalties, and even lawsuits, which can be detrimental to your organization.
You can use the following tips to make sure that your company is HR compliant.
- Keep Track of the Latest Compliance Regulations: The rules and regulations that your organization needs to comply with depend on several factors, such as your company’s size, location, and industry. One of the easiest ways to identify these obligations is to use a compliance software solution like Libryo or Donesafe.
- Stay Up to Date: Compliance laws and regulations that apply to businesses change regularly, so it’s important to stay up to date. An easy and effective way to achieve that is to subscribe to an HR compliance newsletter service.
- Audit Your HR Policies: Conducting HR audits regularly can help you determine whether your HR policies, such as compensation policy, non-discrimination policy, and leave policy, are compliant. You should also utilize the power of HR compliance training to educate your employees on the subject.
4. Work On Your Employee Onboarding Process
Employee onboarding is the process of integrating new hires into your organization and preparing them for success in their new roles. It’s an important step of the hiring process that determines how quickly and effectively new employees become productive members of your workforce.
According to recent statistics, 88% of employees say that companies fail to provide them with a good onboarding program. It’s a very big number that explains that most companies should have a better onboarding plan in place.
Here are some tips for creating an effective employee onboarding program to keep new hires engaged and motivated.
Create a Well-Organized Onboarding Plan
A clear onboarding plan with specific tasks and timelines will ensure that the new hire receives all the necessary information and training to get settled and be successful. Break down the onboarding process into manageable steps and assign responsibilities to different team members to ensure a smooth transition.
Start the Process Before the Employee’s Start Date
Make sure new hires receive a welcome message and essential information such as the company culture, organizational structure, and dress code (if applicable) before their first day. If your organization can afford it, consider sending a welcome package that includes company swag and valuable resources.
Assign a Mentor
Having a mentor (or even a work buddy) can be invaluable for new hires. It provides them with someone who can answer their questions and help them feel more comfortable in their new role.
Regular check-ins with new hires will allow you to identify any challenges they’re facing and create opportunities for feedback. Make sure that they receive ongoing support to make them feel supported and valued.
Deel, Trakstar, and Wrike are some of the best employee onboarding software solutions that you can use.
5. Deploy a Performance Management Solution
Performance management is about setting goals, monitoring progress, providing feedback, and evaluating employee performance.
You can perform all these tasks seamlessly using a performance management solution, such as AssessTEAM and Zoho People, and reap the following benefits.
- Data-Driven Insights: A performance management solution allows HR professionals to access real-time data on employee performance and identify areas for improvement. It’ll allow your HR team to make informed decisions around promotions, compensation, and development planning.
- Time-Saving: A performance management tool can automate the process of setting goals and tracking progress, freeing up HR professionals to focus on more important tasks.
- Tailored Development Plans: By analyzing performance data, your HR team can create highly sophisticated development plans for high-performing employees. It’ll help you ensure that your organization’s investment in employee growth and development is being spent wisely.
- Regular Feedback and Coaching: Performance management software can facilitate ongoing check-ins between managers and employees, which is critical for employee satisfaction.
6. Use Security Tools for Hybrid/Remote Work
The remote and hybrid working trend has become increasingly popular. Although it comes with many benefits, such as flexible working hours and time-saving, it also has its own downsides. One of the biggest challenges of working remotely is to ensure security.
With employees accessing company networks and data from outside the office, the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches increases. That’s because they can use their personal devices or unprotected internet connections to access your organizational network.
It makes it easy for hackers and other malicious online actors to launch successful cyberattacks and steal your sensitive business data. Therefore, you must educate your remote teams and ask them to install the following security tools on their devices.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network): A VPN creates an encrypted connection between an employee’s device and the organization’s network. It’ll allow your remote HR employees to access your organization’s resources safely and prevent unauthorized access and data breaches. Ask all your remote workers to use a VPN for mobiles, laptops, and any other devices they use to connect to your company network.
- Antivirus: Antivirus software is a security tool that protects devices from malware and other types of cyber threats. It scans files and programs in real-time for malicious code and removes or quarantines any threats found. It can prevent data loss, system crashes, and other security incidents.
- Firewall: A firewall is designed to keep track of all incoming and outgoing internet traffic and filter requests based on predefined rules. Installing it on a device will ensure protection against unauthorized access, malware, and other common cyber threats. Almost all reputable and trusted VPN providers also offer firewalls that you can use.
7. Utilize the Power of Online Learning and Training Platforms
An online learning and training platform is a great tool for new hires to get institutionalized quickly. You can use it to provide them with all the information they need about your company’s policies, values, and operations.
It’ll also offer training on specific skills and allow them to learn at their own pace, which can alleviate the pressure of onboarding. Some of the most popular online training and learning platforms include SAP Litmos, Udemy Business, Talent Cards, and Skillable.
Another benefit of using this tool is that it’ll allow you to create a consistent onboarding experience for all new hires. It can also free up time for HR workers and managers to focus on other aspects of the onboarding process, like introducing new hires to their colleagues and team members.
8. Invest in Employee Self-Service Platforms
Employee self-service platforms are digital solutions that allow employees to perform HR-related tasks themselves and access important HR-related information. These platforms can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, making them particularly useful for remote or hybrid work environments.
Here are some unique benefits of utilizing employee self-service platforms:
- Convenience: Employees can access their HR-related information, such as pay stubs, benefits, and time-off requests, at any time and from anywhere.
- Time-Saving: An employee self-service platform keeps HR professionals from needing to spend time answering basic employee inquiries, such as requesting time off or updating personal information.
- Increased Accuracy: Employees are responsible for updating their own information, which reduces the chances of errors and mistakes.
- Improved Communication: An employee self-service platform can also improve communication between employees and HR professionals by providing a central location for all HR-related information and requests.
SP Employee Self-Service Portal, SAP SuccessFactors, and BambooHR are some of the best employee self-service platforms available in the market.
HR professionals make up one of the most important departments for the success of any organization. But the responsibilities and workload they have can make their jobs extremely hectic and tiring, which can negatively affect their performance.
The best way to make their jobs easier and enhance their efficiency and productivity is to embrace technology. It’ll allow them to streamline their daily workflows and contribute to the success of your organization.
Remember to keep yourself up to date with the latest technology solutions to ensure that your HR department has access to the most efficient tools available. It’s the only way to stay competitive and efficient in today’s fast-paced business environment.